Thursday, June 13, 2013

Kroger deli fried chicken


Ordinarily, Nibs and I eat a pretty healthy diet chock full of fruits and veggies with the I occasional meat and whole grains thrown in.  However, I was secretly excited to splurge on some fried chicken! I knew it wouldn't be quite what my grandma made when I was a kid, but it seemed like an ok idea for a lazy evening.

I was disappointed when I arrived at Kroger and there was only one 8 piece to choose from.  It really didn't look that appetizing and I was worried that I was making a bad choice.  I bought it anyway, nd I wasn't disappointed!

I paired our chicken with Annie's organic Mac and cheese and fresh carrots and broccoli sautéed in a little olive oil, to make me feel better about my choice.  We also ate leftover homemade biscuits from breakfast, because what's chicken without biscuits?  Initially, Nibs was hesitant, as she'd never ha a chicken leg before.  I had to show her how to hold it to eat it, but she caught on very quickly!  She cleaned her plate, which is very impressive for a two year old who often refuses everything except her veggies.

I was pleased that my chicken breast was still tender and juicy and not dried out the way that white meat chicken can sometimes be.  But most of all, I was impressed with the seasoning on the skin!  I have tried other grocery store fried chicken in the past and it was always bland and flavorless and dripping with oil.  However, the Kroger chicken was flavorful and OT at all greasy, even though it had to sit for about half an hour while I cooked the rest of our meal.

My only complaint was that it could hav been crispy, but I be that would have been solved with fresh chicken.

<


(I received free product from BzzAgents in exchange for providing my honest feedback on this product.  All thoughts that proceed are my own!)

No comments:

Post a Comment