Friday, August 9, 2013

Woolzies!

recently received a package of Woolzies dryer balls through a blogging promotion to try and review. Though I received the product in question free, this review is my own thoughts and feelings!


My only other experience with wool dryer balls is the homemade ones I made with wool yarn I found on clearance. Frankly, I wasn't sold. And then I sold my dryer because we were moving - and forgot my dryer balls! It was a tragedy for sure.


Then my Woolzies came in the mail. When I opened them, I was impressed. They're quite a bit bigger than the ones I made and they're a lovely shade of off white. They're also completely smooth and springy feeling. They would make excellent cat or baby toys! But, into the dryer they went.


First lad, I could tell a distinct difference in the softness of my clothes. But, at the same time, I also started putting a bit of apple cider vinegar in the fabric softener cup of my washer, so I still wasn't convinced. Next load, I left the vinegar out and relied on the Woolzies to do the work. My clothes were still super soft!


Here's a secret: I've been fibbing to my partner about our laundry. I told him I started using fabric softener again, because he noticed that the towels weren't stiff anymore. He's very much not crunchy, and thinks I'm just too cheap to buy 'real' stuff, but he completely believes me. That's how great these are!


Woolzies retail for 33.95 on amazon, for a pack of six. They are guaranteed to last for 1000 loads, though I think they will last much longer than that. (In comparison 40 loads of Downy is 9.94 on Amazon. It would cost 248.50 for 1000 loads. Even with coupons/sales, its still way cheaper to buy Woolzies!). Add to cost the fact that you don't have any plastic packaging, far less production cost, ect. These are definitely a winner in the Eco friendly category!


To really test them, I washed three old pillows. I assumed they would come out lumpy and ready for the trash - they were already flat, so no real big loss. I was right about one of them - but it's tag said do not wash. The other two came out looking better than they went in! Thanks, Woolzies!


You can like Woolzies on Facebook, here: https://www.facebook.com/Woolzies?ref=ts&fref=ts.

And on twitter, here: https://mobile.twitter.com/Woolzies.

You can also find them at www.Woolzies.com!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment